METL Terms and Conditions
1. All applications must be accompanied by payment in full, which is non-refundable and must be completed before attending classes.
2. If you are paying for subjects by using a debit or credit card other than your own, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have permission to do so. For your own security, we advise that you obtain and keep written consent from that card holder. If the payment which you are making is disputed by the card holder, you will be liable for the whole amount and any additional costs. Your access to evening lectures and your online account with METL will be suspended until this matter has been resolved. If the transaction is considered by the card holder and the payment gateway to be fraudulent, you may be liable for prosecution, when it will be determined whether or not to involve the police.
3. Students wishing to change their course or subjects may do so but only after agreement is obtained from METL. Such agreement will not be unduly withheld.
4. METL reserves the right to alter dates, times, fees and website content without prior notice.
5. All students are obliged to honour the confidentiality, copyright and intellectual property of METL’s study material and agree not to make it available to anybody who is not an enrolled METL student.
6. Students are responsible for the security of their user name and password and must not disclose their details to others, nor must they use the user name or password of any other user.
7. When using the website's communication facilities, all students must respect other people's views and beliefs and may only post comments which are relevant to a particular discussion. Students must not post anything personal, private, abusive, defamatory, obscene or illegal, nor must they post anything which is under copyright without seeking and obtaining prior written permission. The right remains with METL to remove, vary or amend any content in the METL website without prior notice.
8. METL reserves the right to expel any student for improper conduct or for any conduct which interferes with the wellbeing of other students, staff or the reputation of the College.
9. METL accepts no legal liability in the case of accidents, illness, loss of or damage to personal effects. Students will be asked to pay for any damage which they cause to the premises and/or property of the College.
10. Appropriate terms, conditions and regulations of qualification awarding bodies will apply in addition to the above.
11. The act of enrolment on METL courses constitutes acceptance of these terms.